Thursday, August 9, 2012

and a couple more i forgot!

 for those who have read anything about me, you will know that i have my bachelors in fine art. something i have been experimenting with is painting on fondant with my food gels.

i have only done it a few times, but i feel like it is something unique and fun to play with. i may be on to something here....(although i'm sure others have done this, but seriously, you don't see  it too often.) my fiancees birthday was also in june, and one of his favorite cars is the nissan gtr. i didn't have time to actually cut one out like i did with lightning mcqueen, so i tried the next best thing. i think it came out decent considering i don't draw cars all the time.

another cake i enjoyed making which i finally got a few pics of was a wedding cake for a friend last year. she wanted a beach theme, and gave me the high five cake toppers to use.

simple.  nice.  fun.

the shells i actually molded myself as well, i wish i had a detail picture, but all of my pics got deleted, sadly. i visit the outer banks when i get the chance, and had some shells from the beach. i pressed them into sculpey clay, baked it, and used white candy melts to make little shells for her cake!

as for this, i just like this pic. that blueberry cake i was talking about? it is epic. this pic was just taken in my window one morning. anyway, thank you again for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment